Recognized since 2021
Family Law: Arbitration and Mediation
Jamel Rowe is a senior associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. She is experienced in handling every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody, visitation, support and adoption cases. Ms. Rowe works in the firm’s Fairfax office, and represent clients in Fairfax, Alexandria, Arlington and all across Northern Virginia.
Ms. Rowe earned her J.D. from William & Mary Law School in 2012, after earning her B.A. from the College of William & Mary in 2007.
After graduating from law school, Ms. Rowe received a one-year legal fellowship with the National Council For Adoption (NCFA), in Alexandria, Virginia. At NFCA, Ms. Rowe researched and prepared two amici briefs for the U.S. Supreme Court case of Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl, 570 U.S. 637 (2013). Collaborating with NFCA’s in-house counsel, Ms. Rowe specifically addressed the inconsistent application of the Indian Child Welfare Act towards Native American tribes; the conflict between tribal, parental, and children’s rights; and the subordination of children’s interests to the interests of the tribe. During her time at NFCA, Ms. Rowe also published multiple articles on adoption for national adoption magazines and for NCFA’s monthly publication.
After completing her fellowship, Ms. Rowe entered private practice as a family law attorney. From 2013–2019 she worked as a family law associate at two different law firms in Northern Virginia, before joining Livesay & Myers, P.C. as a senior associate in 2019.
During her time in practice, Ms. Rowe has litigated every type of family law case in the courts of Northern Virginia, including high value equitable distribution cases, custody, support, and military divorce cases.
Ms. Rowe was included in the 2021 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for her work in Family Law. She was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2020. Ms. Rowe currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from both Avvo and Justia.
Jamel Rowe resides in Fairfax, Virginia.
- Direct Phone Number: 703-462-8718
- Phone Number: 703-462-8718
- Lawyer Page: https://www.livesaymyers.com/attorneys/jamel-rowe/
- 11325 Random Hills Road #100
Fairfax, VA 22030
- Ethnicity: Black or African American
- College of William & Mary, J.D., graduated 2012
- College of William & Mary, B.A., graduated 2007
- Virginia, 2013
- Fairfax Bar Association - Member
- Virginia State Bar - Member
- Virginia Women’s Attorney Association - Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
2 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
5 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Family Law
- Family Law: Arbitration and Mediation
- Included in the 2021 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for her work in Family Law
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2020
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2019
- Family Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.