Recognized since 2015
Vancouver, British Columbia
Corporate Governance Practice
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Private Funds Law
Jag practises corporate and commercial law. He works primarily with partnerships and private companies on a variety of transactions, including asset/share acquisitions and dispositions, corporate finance matters, the negotiation of commercial agreements (including supply agreements, lease and license agreements, employment contracts, franchise and management agreements and shareholder agreements), succession planning/exits, management buy-outs, corporate reorganizations and restructuring. Jag also acts for both hotel owners and hotel licensors/franchisors with respect to the drafting and negotiation of hotel management agreements, hotel franchising/licensing agreements and related documents.
As part of his corporate and commercial practice, Jag acts for a variety of private equity firms in connection with their investment activities. He also participates in the ongoing maintenance and affairs of companies acquired by private equity clients, including the ultimate sale and disposition of their portfolio companies.
In addition, Jag works with clients in the public sector, particularly pension plans, other tax exempt entities and their fiduciaries, with respect to their structuring activities and their real estate and private placement investments, including co-investments. As part of his work with public sector institutions, Jag has assisted clients with investments in Canada, the United States, Europe and South America. In this regard, he has worked extensively in the negotiation and settlement of limited partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, side letters and other types of investment and governance agreements.
Jag also assists counsel in other jurisdictions on matters of British Columbia law, chiefly in the area of mergers, acquisitions and corporate reorganizations.
Internally at the firm, Jag is the Partner in charge of the Corporate Records/Services group, overseeing a group of 7 paralegals and corporate clerks. Through this role, Jag often assists counsel in other jurisdictions on matters of British Columbia law, chiefly in the area of corporate procedure, mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Lawyer Page: https://www.lawsonlundell.com/team-Jagdeep-Shergill
- Cathedral Place, Suite 1600
925 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 3L2
- British Columbia, 2003
- Association for Corporate Growth - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- South Asian Bar Association of British Columbia - Member
- Surrey Board of Trade - Director
- Surrey Board of Trade - Development and Land Use Advocacy Team - Chair
- Surrey Board of Trade - International Trade Team - Member
- Corporate Governance Practice
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Private Funds Law
- 2015 Lexpert Rising Star Award: recognized as one of Canada's Leading Lawyers under 40
- Best Lawyers in Canada: recognized for Corporate law
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada 2016: recognized as one of the "Corporate Lawyers to Watch"
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.