Recognized since 2021
Morgantown, West Virginia
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Jake Stout utilizes the civil justice system to hold negligent corporations accountable for preventable injuries and diseases suffered by workers and their families.
Having experience in all three vantages of the civil litigation process—plaintiffs, defense, and the court—Jake has a broad understanding of the challenges faced by workers in their fight for justice. His perspective is an asset for clients, as he strives to improve safety practices and corporate governance for the benefit of current and future workers.
Jake has advocated for plaintiffs’ causes as an associate for multiple personal injury firms throughout his career. He has extensive experience in matters related to automobile collisions, insurance bad faith, toxic exposure, products liability, Federal Employer’s Liability Act/Railroad injuries, asbestos/mesothelioma, premises liability, and other general personal injury litigation in state and federal courts. At Motley Rice, Jake works principally with the firm’s Occupational Disease team to prosecute hundreds of claims on behalf of injured workers.
Jake’s legal experience also includes a clerkship with a regional corporate defense firm and serving as a judicial law clerk for the Hon. Phillip D. Gaujot, of the Circuit Court of Monongalia County, W. Va. He previously served as a deputy campaign manager and campaign treasurer for candidates in lieutenant governor, state representative, and county commissioner races in Pennsylvania in 2010 and 2011, and was one of three commissioners on the Monongalia County, W. Va., Deputy Sheriff’s Civil Service Commission from 2016 to 2021.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.motleyrice.com/attorneys/jacob-r-stout
- 50 Clay Street, Suite One
Morgantown, WV 26501
- Ohio University, Grad. Cert, graduated 2021
- West Virginia University , J.D., graduated 2014
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., graduated 2011
- Pennsylvania, 2019
- West Virginia, 2014
- American Association for Justice - Member
- Monongalia County Bar Association - Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice - Member
- West Virginia Association for Justice - Member
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America 2023 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Super Lawyers®2020–2021 West Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars listPersonal injury – products: plaintiff; Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.