Jackson G. Kramer, a highly skilled, knowledgeable and trusted counselor who has over 30 years of legal experience, concentrates his practice in the areas of Corporate and Transactional, Real Estate, Estate Planning, Administration and Trusts and Local Government and Public Utilities. He is a strong but reasonable advocate for his clients. His primary goal is to help his clients solve their legal issues and achieve their overall objectives while simultaneously protecting their best interest.
Mr. Kramer's broad practice focuses on:
• Real estate transactions including ad valorem taxation questions and sales and use tax matters
• General business matters such as corporate formation, contracts, etc.
• Estate planning guidance and administration
• Property tax issues
• Tax exempt organizations
Mr. Kramer has presented to various local groups on estate planning and business matters.
He recently completed a transaction lasting almost a year involving the transfer of former government owned land back to the private sector. Various easements and agreements with both governmental and private stakeholders complicated the process. He was a primary party responsible for coordinating the integral pieces of the transaction so that a closing could occur.
He assists a major non-profit organization in the Knoxville, Tennessee area with a myriad of issues so that the principals of the organization can focus on their charitable endeavors. His work for the organization includes:
• Helping sort out the business dealings of a subsidiary organization whose principal died
• Negotiating with donors who wish to make significant donations of real property
• Applying for property tax exemptions for various parcels of real property owned by the organization