Jack is the co-chairperson of the Firm’s litigation group. He represents clients in commercial disputes including the prosecution and defense of cases relating to contracts, business torts, bankruptcy, securities, patents, copyrights, trade secrets, partnership disputes, malpractice and professional disciplinary matters and real estate litigation, including the representation of property owners in eminent domain actions. In addition, Jack has a substantial practice in representing corporations and individuals at the federal grand jury, trial and appellate courts in various criminal matters including RICO, tax and anti-trust.
Jack has earned a reputation as one of the premier trial lawyers in the City of Chicago in both commercial litigation and federal criminal cases. He is the former president of the Chicago Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. Before joining MBT, Jack practiced law and tried cases with Thomas Foran, a former United States Attorney and one of the premier trial attorneys in the country.
Jack has tried cases and argued appeals in federal and state civil and criminal courts throughout the United States. Clients have included corporations from the United States, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan.
Jack has represented a variety of clients in challenging and high-profile matters. His clients have been public corporations as well as mid-size and small companies, partnerships and individuals.
Admitted to Practice
- Illinois (1978)
- United States Supreme Court (1984)
- United States Tax Court (1984)
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh and Fourth Circuits (1981)
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois (1979)
- United States District Court, Northern District of California (1983)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (1984)
- Meckler Bulger Tilson Marick & Pearson (2000 – Present)
- Foran, Wiss & Schultz (1981– 2000)
- Quinn Jacobs & Barry (1978 – 1981)