Recognized since 2006
Health Care Law
Jack Rovner, an attorney, is a founding member of Health Law Consultancy. Health Law Consultancy is a Chicago health law boutique that provides strategic legal counsel for the business of health care to enable health industry participants to capitalize on opportunities and manage challenges in the evolving health system.
Rovner is Best Lawyers 2014 Chicago health care law "Lawyer of the Year." For four decades, Rovner has represented clients on health law, health reform, antitrust, business strategies, transactions, government program participation, information technology initiatives, data privacy and security, fraud and abuse compliance, and commercial litigation. A frequent speaker and author on health law topics, Rovner has published articles in Annals of Health Law, Journal of Health Law, Loyola-Chicago Law Journal, AHIP Coverage, BNA Health Law Reporter, American Bar Association The Health Lawyer, CCH Health Care Compliance Newsletter, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Association Legal Affairs Bulletin.
In 2002, Rovner was appointed to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary’s Advisory Committee on Regulatory Reform, ?serving on its Executive Committee. He is a member of the Advisory Board of the Bloomberg BNA Health Law Reporter and was a member of the original editorial board of the American Bar Association The Health Lawyer. A member of the Illinois State Bar, Rovner received his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Boston University Law School, where he was a member and articles editor of the Law Review.
Contact & Links
- 62 West Huron Street, 2A
Chicago, IL 60654
- Boston University School of Law , JD
- Brandeis University, BA
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Health Lawyers Association - Member
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys - Member
- Illinois State Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Health Care Law, Chicago (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Health Care Law
- Health-Care Reform
- Information Technology
- Managed Care
Core Competencies:• Health reform, antitrust, and fraud and abuse control
• Provider and/or payer joint ventures, affiliations, alliances and other strategic transactions
• Health insurance exchanges, markets and products
• Government health benefit programs (including Medicare and Medicaid)
• Information privacy, data security, and electronic transactions
• Ethical and legal compliance
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.