Recognized since 1993
Litigation and Controversy - Tax
Trusts and Estates
Tal Young has practiced trust and estate law for more than forty years. He had been a Director and Shareholder of Spieth, Bell, McCurdy & Newell for 10 years when Spieth Bell combined with Schneider Smeltz in March of 2016. Prior to Spieth Bell, Tal had been a founding partner of Young and Dietsch for 11 years, which followed 19 years as an Associate and Partner with Squire Sanders & Dempsey.
His practice is focused on estate planning for individuals and family groups; probate and trust administration; charitable gift planning; estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax planning; and handling tax controversies, including audits and disputes involving estate, gift and fiduciary income tax issues. He also provides counsel to trustees of private foundations on initial formation and tax qualification, subsequent combination, separation and dissolution of foundations, and on-going legal and tax compliance issues.
For the past 24 years, Mr. Young has been a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and has been listed in Best Lawyers in America©. Mr. Young is experienced in the full range of estate planning, from basic wills and revocable trusts to complex multigenerational estate and irrevocable trust planning, and in all aspects of estate and trust administrations.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 216-696-4200
- Phone Number: 216-696-4200
- Lawyer Page: https://www.sssb-law.com/attorneys/j-talbot-young-jr/
- One Cleveland Center, Suite 900
1375 East Ninth Street
Cleveland, OH 44114
- University of Notre Dame, J.D., cum laude, graduated 1975
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., graduated 1970
- Ohio, State of Ohio
- American Bar Association - Member
- Ohio State Bar Association - Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association - Member
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel - Fellow
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Federal Court Northern District of Ohio
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Trusts and Estates
- Estate Planning
- Gift Planning
- Nonprofit Organizations and Charitable Giving
- Trust Administration
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent®
- Selected to the Ohio Super Lawyers® list: 2006-2022
- Cleveland’s Top Rated Lawyers
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Tax Law
- Fellow, The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.