Recognized since 2021
Johnson City, Tennessee
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Matt joined the firm in August 2006 upon his return to East Tennessee, where he was born and raised. He devotes 100% of his practice to litigation, representing individuals and businesses in a wide range of civil disputes, primarily including personal injury, premises liability, and breach of contract matters. He also manages an expansive domestic relations practice, including contested and uncontested divorce, child custody, post-divorce modifications, child support, paternity actions, and contested and uncontested adoption petitions. Matt’s other primary area of practice is criminal defense representation, both at the local state level and in the United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Tennessee and the Western District of Virginia. Matt graduated from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, in 2002, earning a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications, later graduating law school in 2006 with an emphasis on trial practice. Always with an eye on giving back to the community, he has served on many area boards, including the Dawn of Hope and Hands On Children’s Museum, and he is a co-founder of the Lawyers Helping People Program, which has been recognized state wide for its contributions in assisting indigent citizens in the community obtain legal help in a variety of areas, free of cost. In 2016, Matt was recognized by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys as a “Top 10 Under 40” attorney and was also named as a Mid-South Rising Star in the Super Lawyers publication the same year. He is a member in good standing of the American Bar Association, the Tennessee Bar Association, the Washington County Bar Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, and the Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, having graduated its yearly renown criminal defense trial college in March of 2016.
Matt’s assistant, Tammy Harrison, can be reached at (423) 434-4702 or via email at email@example.com.
Practice Areas: Civil Litigation, Divorce & Family Law, Federal & State Criminal Defense, Federal Practice, Insurance Defense, Probate & Estate Planning.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://lawyerfirm.com/attorneys/j-matthew-bolton/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 104 East Main Street
Johnson City, TN 37604-5735
- The University of Tennessee , JD, graduated 2006
- The University of Tennessee, Bachelor of Arts in Communications, graduated 2002
- Tennessee, Washington County Bar Association
- Tennessee, Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee, American Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys - Member
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Avvo 5-star Client's Choice
- Best Lawyers 2022
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Champion Platinum / 2022
- Pro Bono Service Award by the Tennessee Supreme Court Attorney for Justice
- Super Lawyers' Mid-South Rising Star
- Top 10 Under 40 by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.