J. Gary Trichter
Recognized in:DUI / DWI Defense
Law School:South Texas College of Law
Firm's Phone Number:
Location:420 Heights BoulevardHouston, TX 77007
- South Texas College of Law , Juris Doctorate, graduated 1980
- University of South Florida, Master of Arts of Criminal Justice, graduated 1977
- Florida State University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and International Affairs, graduated 1973
- Board of Regents for the National College for DUI Defense (NCDD) - Dean of the College from 2002-2003
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) - Past chairman
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA) - served as president
- Texas DWI Lawyers - Founder and Past-President
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- DUI / DWI Defense, Houston (2020)
- DUI / DWI Defense, Houston (2018)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- DUI / DWI Defense
- Gary has also been listed in Best Lawyers in America by Woodward White (in 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2017), the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
“AV” Rated by Martindale-Hubbell 2012-2017.
He is recognized as one of the most successful DWI trial and appellate lawyers in the United States and is rated “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell, Martindale-Hubbell, one of the most respected lawyer rating entities.
- Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters service, 2004-2018
- The Erwin-Taylor Award, National College for DUI Defense, 2013
- Best Lawyers in America by Woodward White Inc., 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2016
- America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys, Americas’ Top 100, LLC, 2018
- ABA National Essay Winner on Medicine and the Law
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers – 2018 by Legal Associations Management, Inc.
Areas of Expertise:
- DWI Defense