Recognized since 2021
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Litigation - Bankruptcy
Irve J. Goldman has practiced in the areas of bankruptcy law and commercial litigation for more than 30 years, and serves as chair of Pullman & Comley's Bankruptcy, Creditors' Rights and Financial Restructuring practice. In 1993, Irve was the first attorney in Connecticut to become a certified specialist in business bankruptcy and has represented a diversity of interests in bankruptcy proceedings, including companies reorganizing under Chapter 11, secured creditors, equipment lessors, franchisees, landlords and other creditor groups and asset purchasers in 363 sales.
He has represented companies in reorganization proceedings ranging in size from large retail businesses to smaller-sized concerns such as a marina in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands, a regional hardware chain, vintage car company and a cross section of other businesses and individuals. He also has served as a Chapter 11 Trustee, as well as represented Chapter 11 trustees in various bankruptcy cases.
A frequent author on topical bankruptcy issues, Irve has published articles in the American Bankruptcy Institute Law Journal dealing with standing issues in bankruptcy, prejudgment asset-freeze injunctions and executory contracts; in the Connecticut Bar Journal on the status of lien stripping under bankruptcy law; and in the Quinnipiac Law Review’s annual summary of decisions from the Second Circuit.
In addition to his bankruptcy experience, Irve has handled a wide variety of commercial disputes in both state and federal court, including actions involving civil RICO, breach of fiduciary duty, other business torts and debtor-creditor issues.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.pullcom.com/people-irvegoldman
- 850 Main Street
P.O. Box 7006
Bridgeport, CT 06601-7006
- Western New England University, graduated 1984
- Temple University, graduated 1980
- Connecticut, U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- New York, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- New York, U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- New York, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Pennsylvania, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Second Circuit
- Pennsylvania, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Third Circuit
- United States, U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Business Bankruptcy and Asset Sale Committes
- American Board of Certification - Business Bankruptcy
- Connecticut Bar Association - Executive Committee, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section
- Fairfield County Bar Association - Bankruptcy Section
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Stamford (2024)
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, Stamford (2023)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Stamford (2022)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America for 2021 in the areas of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganizational Law, Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Selected to the Connecticut Super Lawyers list since 2006 in the areas of bankruptcy and business litigation
- Has received the highest peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell (AV) for consecutive years since 2000
- Banking and Finance Law
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.