Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Intellectual Property and Information Technology Group. His practice focuses on life sciences, biotechnology and public law, advising companies on intellectual property issues related to the pharmaceutical industry, cosmetics, medical devices, commercialization and advertisement of these products, scientific research, clinical studies, regulation of medical professions, privacy, data protection, public and private procurement and biddings, licenses, distribution and franchises. He also represents clients in administrative processes and in sanitary, administrative and judicial litigation derived from those operations.
Activities and Memberships
- Professor of the Graduate Course of Regulatory Affairs in the Pharmaceutical Sector, Universidad de Chile (since 2017).
- Professor of Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs in Pharmaceutical, Biological and Cosmetic Products Degree, Universidad de Chile (since 2009).
- Assistant Professor of Civil Law, Universidad de Chile (2005-2009).
- Co-author of The Pharma Legal Handbook: Chile, Pharma Boardroom (2019).
- Author of several local and foreign publications related to life sciences and regulatory law.
- Speaker in lectures and seminars in regulatory matters in Chile and abroad.