Recognized since 2013
Energy Regulatory Law
Oil and Gas Law
Ian Mondrow is a partner in the firm’s Toronto office, practising with the Business Law Group in the area of energy regulation and policy.
Ian advises clients on a variety of matters in the natural gas and electricity sectors, including energy policy, regulatory policy and processes, rates and tariff matters, and facilities, compliance and licensing issues. He has represented electricity generators, transmitters and distributors, energy retailers and energy consumers before the Ontario Energy Board, the National Energy Board, and in other Canadian regulatory forums.
Ian is a member of the Council for Clean & Reliable Electricity, a federally incorporated non-profit organization that was formed to provide a platform for open public dialogue and a solutions-oriented approach to the challenges of the energy sector.
Prior to joining the firm, Ian practised at a prominent national firm, served as special advisor to the chair of the Ontario Energy Board, and was vice-president, government and regulatory affairs with a major integrated energy retail and solutions company.
- Lawyer Page: https://gowlingwlg.com/en/people/ian-mondrow
- 1 First Canadian Place
100 King Street West, Suite 1600
Toronto, ON M5X 1G5
- Ontario, Canada
- Council for Clean & Reliable Electricity (CCRE) - Member
- Energy Regulatory Law, Toronto, Canada (2020)
- Energy Law
- Energy Regulatory Law
- Oil and Gas Law
- Representing electricity generators in Ontario and New York State in National Energy Board proceedings regarding cross-country natural gas transportation services and tolls.
- Representing applicants for Ontario electricity transmission licensing.
- Representing an Ontario utility in negotiations for the acquisition of transmission assets and associated licensing and rate approval regulatory proceedings.
- Providing wholesale and retail electricity market compliance advice to competitive energy service providers.
- Providing retail compliance and utility contracting advice to competitive natural gas retailers.
- Representing a large, integrated North American electricity utility in acquisition of an Ontario electricity transmission licence and regarding electricity transmission infrastructure investment in Ontario.
- Representing a U.S.-based transmission developer in various policy proceedings related to development of electricity transmission in Ontario.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.