Hunter assists developers, design professionals, contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers in negotiating and drafting various agreements concerning development and construction. He provides advice and guidance to construction clients on issues concerning contract performance, insurance coverage, lien rights and remedies, and construction defects. Hunter has served as an Associate Member of the Board of Directors for the Home Builders Association of Marion and Polk Counties. He served as Associate Vice President for that organization. He has presented several construction related seminars for members of the HBA. He has also represented clients in construction disputes, including:
- Defending general contractors against breach of contract and construction defect claims by homeowners
- Defending engineers against negligence claims by homeowners
- Defending material suppliers against environmental claims brought by DEQ
- Defending subcontractors against prevailing wage claims brought by BOLI
- Representing contractors in breach of contract claims against other contractors
Hunter has appeared in courts throughout the state representing landlords. He successfully prosecuted a three-day jury trial evicting a dangerous tenant defended by the Multnomah County Legal Aid Service which was affirmed by the Oregon appellate courts. Hunter has represented various commercial landlords, including large malls in negotiating with and, if necessary, evicting commercial tenants.