Recognized since 2021
Corporate and Commercial Litigation
Hugh founded Willis Law in 2013, a boutique firm limiting services to Condominium and Employment law.
Hugh focuses his practice on the area of Condominium Law, where he represents the interests of condominium corporations in a variety of settings. These can include:
- Court actions pursuant to the Condominium Property Act;
- Insurance issues within condominiums;
- Builder’s Liens;
- Condominium Bylaw interpretation and dispute; Builder deficiency litigation;
- Home Warranty disputes
- Disaster planning and response
- Other areas affecting condominium corporations.
Hugh has appeared before all levels of court in Alberta as well as the Immigration and Refugee Board and the Immigration Appeal Division.
Hugh is a frequent speaker on condominium issues. His speaking sessions include the Canadian Bar Association, the Legal Education Society of Alberta, University of Alberta Faculty of Law (Guest lecture), the Canadian Condominium Institute, Strathcona County Condominium Association, and Law for the Layperson courses for Edmonton Public Continuing Education and the Elk Island Schools division.
Hugh also serves as a mentor for the Law Society of Alberta mentor program on condominium issues.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.willislaw.ca/our-team/hugh-willis/
- #105, 4246 - 97 STREET NW
Edmonton, AB T6E 5Z9
- University of Alberta, LLB, graduated 2004
- Alberta, 2005
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2022 for work in:
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.