Recognized since 2022
Vancouver, British Columbia
Banking and Finance Law
Hugh is a Shareholder and the Chair of Boughton Law’s Banking Group.
Hugh represents a variety of commercial lenders and borrowers, including banks, credit unions, life insurance companies and pension funds, on all types of loans, from simple mortgage transactions to complex multi-jurisdictional credit facilities; the financing of all types of real estate investments; CMHC insured loans over multi-unit residential buildings; issues of bonds, debentures and other instruments; project financing loans; marine vessel and aircraft financing; personal property security matters and multi-jurisdictional transactions involving parties and assets in other Canadian provinces and the United States.
Hugh’s practice also encompasses general corporate/commercial, real estate and business law, including the purchase and sale of real estate and businesses.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Mortgage Investment Association of British Columbia(“MIABC”)
- Member, Editorial Board of the British Columbia Continuing Legal Education Society, Personal Property Security Manual
- Member, B.C. Branch, Canadian Bar Association
- Past Chair, Banking Section, B.C. Branch, Canadian Bar Association
- Past Executive Member, National Business Law Section, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
Contact & Links
- Suite 700 – 595 Burrard Street
P.O. Box 49290
Vancouver, BC V7X 1S8
- University of British Columbia, B.S.F.
- University of British Columbia, J.D.
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.