Hillary Crabtree brings considerable bankruptcy experience, corporate law and restructuring experience to her clients, which have been drawn from such areas as energy, airlines, auto, manufacturing, biopharmaceutical, and retail sales.
Hillary assists clients with reorganizations, finance transactions, contractual matters and general corporate law. In addition, she has extensive bankruptcy experience representing lenders, landlords, manufacturers, suppliers, vendors and debtors in reorganization proceedings. Hillary is adept in handling commercial real property foreclosures and receiverships for secured lenders. Moreover, she has regularly represented administrative agents and collateral agents in syndicated credit facilities and other financial institutions in secured lending transactions and structured finance/securitization transactions.
- Former Chair and Member, Board of Directors, International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation - Carolinas Chapter (2003-2012)
- Speaker, "Preferences, Adding Insult to Injury" Mecklenburg Bar Association CLE (June 2009)
- Bankruptcy Section Council, North Carolina Bar Foundation (2013-2016)
- Local Rules Committee, W.D. N.C. (2012)
- Former Chair, Bankruptcy Business Legislative Committee, North Carolina Bar Association (2008-2009)
- Author, "Jurisdiction, Venue and Removal" (Chapter III), North Carolina Bankruptcy Practice Manual, Sixth Edition (2007) and Seventh Edition (2012) published by the North Carolina Bar Association
- Law clerk, United States Bankruptcy Judge A. Thomas Small in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina