Heidi Minuskin is a Partner in the Environmental and Toxic Tort group.
Heidi's practice concentrates in the areas of environmental law, commercial and real estate transactions. She counsels clients on the impact of environmental law on real estate and business transactions, helping them assess and address potential liabilities under federal and state environmental laws, and providing solutions to allow development and transactions to proceed. Her practice encompasses all aspects of environmental law, including Superfund Brownfields redevelopment, ISRA, due diligence, disclosure obligations, environmental insurance matters, site remediation, and regulatory compliance and permitting issues.
Heidi represents a broad range of clients, from Fortune 100 major corporations to individual clients, in environmental litigation, penalty and enforcement matters, and cost recovery actions, involving federal and state statutes and regulations including CERCLA, RCRA, New York Environmental Conservation Law and New Jersey’s Spill Act. She has negotiated significant Superfund, Spill Act and remediation settlements with various federal, state and local agencies.
Prior to joining Coughlin Duffy at it's inception in March 2004, Heidi served as Of Counsel to McElroy, Deutsch & Mulvaney, LLP.
- Represented clients in Newark Bay Complex litigation and Lower Passaic River, Newark Bay, and Berry's Creek Superfund matters.
- Developed procedure for addressing environmental insurance claims and negotiated substantial settlements.
- Negotiated significant federal Superfund and state law environmental Settlements.
- Performed due diligence reviews of real property and major corporations and undertook emergent ISRA submissions to allow transactions to be consummated.
- Aided numerous lending institutions in assessing environmental risks associated with various financing arrangements and developing risk assessment policies.
- Negotiated significant private party cost recovery settlements.