Heather R. McKean
Recognized in:Real Estate Law
Law School:Osgoode Hall Law School
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Toronto Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Network - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Real Estate Law
- Women in Business Law Guide : Real Estate Law
- Euromoney’s Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Business Lawyers : Real Estate
- Ventas Inc. on its proposed $980 million acquisition of 29 independent living seniors housing communities across Canada from Holiday Retirement Corp.
- Target Corporation, the second largest retailer in the U.S., in connection with its establishment of operations in Canada, including the $1.825 billion acquisition of Zellers store leases.
- General Motors in connection with its successful restructuring and government financing, the GM Beacon Project (the largest and most comprehensive automotive investment in Canadian history, involving government funding from the Government of Canada and Province of Ontario), GM’s cross-border syndicated credit facilities, sales of the Locomotive and Defense businesses, dealer network matters and the development of GM’s powerhouse project and equipment lease financing from Bank of Nova Scotia.
- OMERS Realty Corporation/Oxford Properties in connection with the Canada Trust Tower at BCE Place, 161 Bay Street, Toronto; Waterpark Place, Toronto; Apartment Complex, 1750 Lawrence Avenue, Toronto; the Royal Bank Data Centre portfolio; and on various acquisitions and sales, co-ownerships and financings of their real estate.
- Irving Oil in connection with its convenience store/gas station joint venture with Couche-Tard and with numerous credit facilities.
- MCAP Service Corporation, as corporate counsel.
- Hydro One in connection with numerous syndicated credit facilities.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on its joint venture investment in retirement homes with Retirement Residences REIT.
- Vale Inco with numerous syndicated credit facilities.
- Bank of Montreal on its bond offering and a credit facility provided to Trans-Northern Pipelines Inc.
- Citibank in connection with a syndicated loan facility to fund the acquisition of Fairmont Hotels and Raffles Hotels secured by various hotels, including ground leases of Crown Lands.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018