Recognized since 2016
Land Use and Zoning Law
Litigation - Environmental
Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
Real Estate Law
Heather represents property owners and developers in all phases of real estate development, from pre-acquisition due diligence through local permitting and appeals. Heather has represented development clients on land use matters in jurisdictions across the state of Washington, successfully permitting and defending a variety of large residential, commercial, and industrial projects. Heather also represents property owners, businesses, and individuals in permitting and zoning regulatory matters under the Growth Management Act, Shoreline Management Act, and federal Endangered Species Act, including the recent listing of the Mazama pocket gopher and other prairie species for protection under the federal Endangered Species Act.
Outside of land use, Heather is an experienced civil real estate litigator, representing clients in boundary and title disputes and real property-related claims. Heather is also a frequent speaker on Washington land use regulation at continuing legal education programs and industry seminars.
Heather was previously a partner at Eisenhower Carlson PLLC in Tacoma and an associate at Perkins Coie LLP's Seattle and Olympia offices. Before entering private practice, Heather served for thirteen years on active duty with the United States Army, six as a Judge Advocate in the Washington National Guard until her retirement in 2016.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Lawyer Page: https://www.dicksonlegal.com/attorneys/heather-burgess/
- 111-21st Avenue SW
Olympia, WA 98501
- University of Washington, J.D., graduated 1998
- Harvard University, BA, graduated 1991
- Washington, Washington state courts, U.S. District Courts (Eastern and Western Districts of Wash.), 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, Court of Appeals for Armed Forces, U.S. Supreme Court
- Association of Washington Business - Board of Directors; & Member/Chair of Land Use Committee
- Boys & Girls Club of Thurston County - Board of Directors
- Lacey Rotary Foundation - Board of Directors, President (15-16)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) - Member
- Olympia Master Builders Association - Government Affairs Committee
- Rotary Club of Lacey - Member
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association - Member
- Thurston County Bar Association - Member
- Thurston County Chamber of Commerce - Business and Economic Development Committee
- Washington Real Property Deskbook (4th ed. 2012), Vols. 5 and 6 - Author and Editor
- Washington State Bar Association - Member; Environmental and Land Use Section
- YWCA of Pierce County - Board of Directors
- Environmental Law
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Real Estate Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.