Recognized since 2006
Public Procurement Law
Harry Dahme is a partner in Gowlings' Toronto office and past leader of the firm's Environmental Law Group. He has practised exclusively in the area of environmental law since 1984 and has a solid reputation as one of the foremost environmental lawyers in Canada. He is described by Who's Who Legal: Canada 2014 as "widely regarded as a leading authority in the field."
Harry has been involved in all aspects of environmental law. He regularly advises on environmental risks in corporate transactions. He advises corporations and boards of directors on the development and maintenance of corporate environmental due diligence programs. He provides ongoing regulatory advice to businesses in a wide variety of sectors. He has an active advocacy practice which includes defence to prosecutions, appeals to various tribunals including the Environmental Review Tribunal, and civil litigation with respect to environmental claims.
Harry also has specialized expertise in a variety of areas.
- He has represented provincial agencies, municipalities, proponents and opponents in respect of waste management related matters since 1984.
- In addition to his general expertise relating to water and wastewater, he is an acknowledged expert on outsourcing and private sector operation of water and wastewater facilities.
- Harry's expertise relating to chemical substances includes representing importers, manufacturers and suppliers with respect to registration and licensing of chemical substances, and responding to proposed regulatory control or elimination from use of chemical substances.
- His experience in respect of contaminated sites and Brownfield redevelopment has been widely recognized. He regularly advises on environmental aspects of property transactions, and remediation and redevelopment of Brownfields.
Harry is recognized in Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business 2014for Environmental Law.
Contact & Links
- 1 First Canadian Place
100 King Street West, Suite 1600
Toronto, ON M5X 1G5
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP - Leader, Environmental Law National Practice Group
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2022 for work in:
- Environmental Law
- Public Procurement Law
- Lexpert Canada’s Leading Infrastructure Lawyers 2011-2013
- Lexpert Canada’s Leading Energy Lawyers 2013
- Who’s Who Legal: Canada 2010-2013
- Who’s Who Legal: The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers
- Who’s Who Legal:The International Who’s Who of Environment Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2006-2013
- Chambers Global 2011-2013
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2005-2013
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.