Recognized since 2006
Newark, New Jersey
First Ever Attorney in NJ to win "Immigration Lawyer of the Year" from Best Lawyers, Harlan York is Former Immigration Chair, NJ State Bar Association and Former Co-Chair, NY State Bar Association CFLS Committee on Immigration. He served on the American Immigration Lawyers Association National Practice Management Committee. His book Three Degrees of Law debuted at #6 in Law Office Education and #4 in Immigration on Amazon.com.
Mr. York has lectured for the Federal Bar Association, the NJ Institute for Continuing Legal Education, at Columbia, New York, Rutgers and Seton Hall Law Schools, as well as Lawline.com and ILW.com.
The bilingual attorney has appeared nationally on CBS This Morning, Primer Impacto on Univision, Bloomberg Law, and spoke on a host of immigration issues on Telemundo, NBC, Fox, and PBS. He frequently contributes editorials to The Hill, NJ.com, Law360.com and other media. His pro bono work was featured in the HBO documentary Torn Apart: Separated at the Border.
His full service Immigration Law Firm, Harlan York and Associates, is located in Newark. The Five Attorneys at the firm appear regularly at Immigration Courts and Immigration Service offices in NJ, NY, PA, CT and beyond. The firm handles All Immigration Matters, from Deportation and Detention, to Federal Appeals, Visa Petitions, Permanent Residence, Citizenship, Employment and Family Based Immigration, as well as Deferred Action and all Applications for Victims of Violence.
A graduate of Choate Rosemary Hall, the State University of New York at Albany and Tulane Law School, Mr. York is fluent in Spanish. He is admitted to many courts including the US Supreme Court.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://immigrationlawnj.com/immigration-attorneys/harlan-york/
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 60 Park Place, Suite 1010
Newark, NJ 07102
- Tulane University, graduated 1994
- New Jersey, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Connecticut, Connecticut Bar Association
- United States, US Supreme Court
- NJ State Bar Association - Former Chair, Immigration Section
- NY State Bar Association - Former Co-Chair, CFLS Immigration Committee
- American Immigration Lawyers Association - National Practice Management Committee
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Immigration Law, Newark (2023)
- Immigration Law, Newark (2020)
- Immigration Law, Newark (2018)
- Immigration Law, Newark (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Immigration Law
- AV Rated ("Preeminent") by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in "The Furthered 40," the Top 40 Lawyers Accountants & Entrepreneurs that Further Education in Their Professions
- US News and World Report Best Law Firms
- Super Lawyers
- Superb ("10.0"), Avvo
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.