With an emphasis on corporate and international tax planning, Mike advises public corporations, owner-managers, First Nations and public sector bodies on income tax and GST matters.
Mike holds a Bachelor of Laws degree and Master of Laws degree in United States taxation, possessing a deep level of knowledge on cross-border business structures. He brings over 10 years of experience to his role as a partner in Edmonton and is ranked by Canadian Lexpert® and Best Lawyers in Canada as a leading tax lawyer.
An intellectual and inquisitive thinker, Mike’s mastery of tax law enhances dynamic outcomes for clients. As a talented researcher and writer, he spins complex tax jargon into engaging insights. Mike regularly contributes to reputed industry publications and lectures at the University of Alberta.
In his free time, he loves to indulge in fresh pasta at authentic Italian restaurants, while still staying sharp by working out and reading.
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2020
- LL.M (in Taxation – Executive Program), New York University, 2014
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 2010
- LL.B (with Distinction) (Area of Concentration: Taxation), University of Western Ontario, 2009
- In-Depth Tax Course (Parts I, II & III), CPA Canada
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, International Fiscal Association
- Chair, Canadian Tax Foundation Young Practitioners’ Group Steering Committee (Edmonton)
- Past Chair, Tax Law Section (North), Canadian Bar Association (Alberta)