Recognized since 2008
Raleigh, North Carolina
Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
Forest has been practicing law for twenty-five years. He spent the first six years of his career as a partner with a large "defense" law firm mainly defending large corporations in civil lawsuits. Seeing the inequalities that existed in the justice system between wealthy and powerful companies and regular people, Forest was motivated to change his law practice, join Martin & Jones and help level the playing field for ordinary, hard-working people and their families.
With the experience Forest gained from defending lawsuits, he now represents people who have been severely injured or families of those killed due to the negligence of others. Forest has tried lawsuits for his clients to successful jury verdicts in numerous states, including North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas. He has also successfully represented clients in lawsuits filed in Georgia, New Jersey, Tennessee, Ohio, Alabama, Minnesota, Florida, Utah and Illinois. Forest has argued appellate cases in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and the North Carolina Court of Appeals.
Forest has obtained verdicts or negotiated settlements for his clients from corporations in the manufacturing, pharmaceutical, medical, railroad, and trucking industries. He continues to represent clients in a wide variety of cases, including asbestos disease, defective drug, professional negligence, and the Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA).
Forest was lead counsel in a case in which he won what was reported to be the single largest FELA asbestos disease verdict in the country on behalf of a CSX railroad worker who contracted the asbestos related lung cancer, mesothelioma. Forest has also obtained other verdicts or negotiated settlements for his railroad worker clients against various railroads in numerous states.
Forest has been recognized by his peers as a Best Lawyer in America since 2008. He has also been chosen for inclusion in North Carolina Super Lawyers since 2010. Forest has achieved the highest attorney rating, "AV," by Martindale-Hubbell, an independent legal services company whose peer-review attorney ratings service is an objective indicator that an attorney has the highest ethical standards and professional ability. What these accolades and ratings do not show is Forest's commitment to and compassion for his clients.
Forest has held leadership positions in the NC Advocates for Justice, and NC Bar Association and has been a speaker at seminars sponsored by these and other legal organizations. He is a fellow of the Trial Lawyers Honorary Society of the Litigation Counsel of America.
- 4140 Parklake Avenue, Suite 400
Raleigh, NC 27612
- Campbell University, J.D., graduated 1989
- University of Kentucky, BA, graduated 1982
- North Carolina, North Carolina
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
- American Association for Justice - Member
- Best Lawyers in America - Member
- Litigation Counsel of America - Member
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice - Member
- Super Lawyers - Member
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs, Raleigh (2024)
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs, Raleigh (2022)
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs, Raleigh (2020)
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs, Raleigh (2018)
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs, Raleigh (2012)
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Mass Tort Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.