Recognized since 2005
New Orleans, Louisiana
Litigation - Construction
H. Bruce Shreves, heads the construction/surety practice group in the firm. He is a graduate of the College of the Holy Cross and Georgetown Law School. Prior to entering private practice, he served with the U. S. Department of Justice, Criminal Division, and the U. S. Army Judge Advocate General Corps. He is admitted to the bars of South Dakota and Louisiana, and is a member of the New Orleans, Louisiana State and American Bar Association.
Mr. Shreves has lectured and written on numerous occasions on construction and surety law issues for the American Bar Association and other national programs. He has authored many publications and papers, including the book Louisiana Construction Law, West Publishing (1991), is co-editor of “The Law of Payment Bonds”, American Bar Association, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (1998), and is a contributing author to the Law of Suretyship.
Mr. Shreves is affiliated with the American Arbitration Association handling dispute resolutions in the construction, insurance and surety industry, specializing in complex construction cases and is the recipient of the Martin J. Andrews Award for lifetime achievement in fidelity and surety law. He currently serves as Chair of the Louisiana Bar's Section on Fidelity, Surety and Construction Law. He is a member of American Bar Association Forum Committee on the Construction Industry, and is past Chair of the American Bar Association’s Fidelity & Surety Law Committee, Tort Trial Insurance Practice Section. He has been a frequent speaker on arbitration and mediation topics for the American Arbitration Association, American Bar Association and other groups.
He was named by New Orleans Magazine as one of the “Best Lawyers in New Orleans” in the fields of Construction Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution. Additionally, Best Lawyers has awarded him “Lawyer of the Year” in Construction Litigation, Mediation, or Arbitration since 2012. He has been listed as a Louisiana SuperLawyer in the area of Construction Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution and is recognized as one of their Top 10 Lawyers in Louisiana. He is a member of the American College of Construction Lawyers.
He is a member of the Board of Directors of Bread for the World, and is past President of that organization. He is past President of the Louisiana Bar Foundation's Pro Bono Project. He presently serves on the Board of Boys Town of Louisiana.
Contact & Links
- Energy Centre, 30th Floor
1100 Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70163
- College of the Holy Cross, AB History, graduated 1965
- Louisiana, Louisiana State Bar
- South Dakota, State Bar of South Dakota
- United States Court of Appeal for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Military Appeals
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Arbitration, New Orleans (2022)
- Litigation - Construction, New Orleans (2021)
- Construction Law, New Orleans (2020)
- Arbitration, New Orleans (2019)
- Mediation, New Orleans (2019)
- Arbitration, New Orleans (2018)
- Arbitration, New Orleans (2016)
- Mediation, New Orleans (2015)
- Arbitration, New Orleans (2014)
- Mediation, New Orleans (2013)
- Litigation - Construction, New Orleans (2012)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution, New Orleans (2011)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Construction Law
- Litigation - Construction
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.