Recognized since 2007
Charlotte, North Carolina
Guy Gosnell leads the Intellectual Property Patents – Electrical & Computer Science Group and its efforts to counsel clients in regard to patent matters in the electrical, computer software and business method arts. Guy has more than 20 years’ experience in the intellectual property field and is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Guy has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America, the Top Attorneys in North Carolina and in Super Lawyers magazine.
Guy has been extensively involved in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications involving various aspects of electrical, computer and software technology. For example, he has secured patent protection for cutting-edge telecommunications technology, including patent protection directed to handsets, to network components and topology, to signaling protocols, and to end user applications, to name but a few. Additionally, Guy has obtained patent protection for a wide range of other types of technology, including, fiber optic technology, medical imaging techniques, error-resilient encoding technology, signal processing schemes, printer configurations, microelectromechanical devices, holographic displays, integrated circuit simulation, field emission devices, flight simulation systems, high-power fiber optic lasers, antennas, heads-up displays, semiconductor wafer fabrication techniques and various types of software.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.alston.com/professionals/guy-gosnell/
- One South at the Plaza, Suite 4000
101 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28280-4000
- North Carolina, North Carolina Bar Association
- America Intellectual Property Law Association - Member
- Carolina Patent, Trademark and Copyright Law Association - Member
- North Carolina Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Patent Law, Charlotte (2020)
- Patent Law, Charlotte (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Patent Law
- Coordinates the firm’s patent procurement efforts for one of the world’s largest aircraft manufacturers in order to obtain patent protection for inventions cutting across a number of technical disciplines.
- Leads the firm’s patent procurement efforts for one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies, including management of a worldwide patent portfolio with inventors and decision makers spread around the globe.
- Coordinates the firm’s intellectual property representation of one of the world’s largest health care services companies, including the procurement of patent rights for the company’s innovations and counseling regarding various third-party patents.
Other Court Admissions
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.