Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions Group. His practice focuses on corporate and commercial law, mergers and acquisition, national and international corporate financing, foreign investment and insurance. Also, he has vast experience in aviation law matters including purchase contracts, various forms of leasing (dry lease and wet lease), aircraft and engines financing contracts and in specific issues of air operations.
Activities and Memberships
- Foreign Associate, Debevoise & Plimpton, New York (2005-2006).
- Professor of Civil Law, Universidad de Los Andes (until 2008).
- Professor of Introduction to Law, School of Business and Economics, Universidad del Desarrollo (2001).
- Assistant Professor of Civil Law, Universidad de Valparaíso (1996-1998).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Author and co-editor of the article "The International Contract: Problems Related to its Negotiation and Conclusion" included in the Law of Contracts. Studies about current issues, Universidad de Los Andes, Cuadernos de Extensión Jurídica 6, Santiago (2002) and in Studies about International Contracts. Uniform Regime and Private International Law, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia (2004).
- Author of the article "Extinction and Liquidation of Individual Limited Liability Enterprises. Succession Issues" published in Individual Limited Liability Enterprises. New legal regime of business organization, Universidad de Los Andes, Cuadernos de Extensión Jurídica 8, Santiago, Chile (2004).
- Frequent lecturer in seminars and conferences in Chile and abroad.