Recognized since 2013
Trusts and Estates
Greta E. Solomon is a principal and chair of Cohen and Wolf's Trusts & Estates, Elder Law, and Tax Groups. Ms. Solomon has been assisting clients in the areas of estate planning, elder law, and probate administration (including estates, trusts, conservatorships, guardianship, etc.) for more than 30 years. Her in-depth knowledge of the tax codes and sophisticated estate planning techniques allows her to provide counsel on complex estate matters. Ms. Solomon also has experience in retirement planning and representing clients with regards to operational issues in connection with their defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. This representation includes municipalities with respect to both their union and non-union plans. She divides her time between the Firm's Bridgeport and Westport offices.
Ms. Solomon has extensive experience helping families and individuals with special needs planning, paying particular attention to the unique challenges that face these families. Her work with special needs families is aimed at protecting assets through use of special needs trusts, and includes preparing documents for guardianship, powers of attorney and others tailored to each family’s needs. In addition, Ms. Solomon assists same-sex couples and members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) community with their legal needs.
Ms. Solomon is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC). She is also a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA). Ms. Solomon serves on the executive committee of the Estates and Probate Section of the Connecticut Bar Association. She is a frequent lecturer on topics related to estate planning and special needs trusts. She regularly participates in continuing legal education programs sponsored by the Connecticut Bar Association and the Bridgeport Bar Association and was a guest lecturer at the University of Connecticut School of Law at its estate planning seminar for third-year law students. She is also a member of the Bridgeport Bar Association and once served on its executive committee.
Active in the community, Ms. Solomon has served on the boards of the Jewish Community Center for Community Services (JCCS), the Jewish Home for the Elderly in Fairfield, the Jewish Community Foundation in Bridgeport, and the Center for Women and Families. Ms. Solomon also chaired the distribution committee of the Greater Bridgeport Area Foundation and served on its board of directors. Ms. Solomon has received numerous awards for her civic involvement. She was the recipient of the A.O. Samuels Young Leadership Award from the Jewish Federation of Bridgeport and was named the "Woman of the Year" in 1989 from the Women's Network of Greater Bridgeport. In addition, Ms. Solomon was honored by the Bridgeport Regional Business Council with the Susan L. Davis award and the Conference of Women's Organizations in Bridgeport, Connecticut, as well as the Girl Scouts, Housatonic Council. She is named to Connecticut Super Lawyers (2007-2018) for her work in the area of Estate & Probate, and was selected as a "Top 25 Women Connecticut Super Lawyer" (2013-2019) and as a "Top 50 Women New England Super Lawyer" (2016-2018). She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America© (2013-2019) for her work in the areas of Tax Law, Elder Law and Trusts and Estates.
Ms. Solomon received her A.B. in 1973 from Smith College and her J.D. with honors in 1976 from the University of Connecticut School of Law. She received an LL.M. (in Taxation) from New York University in 1977.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Lawyer Page: https://www.cohenandwolf.com/?t=3&A=2668&format=xml&p=3182
- 1115 Broad Street
Bridgeport, CT 06604
- New York University, LL.M in Taxation, graduated 1977
- University of Connecticut, J.D., graduated 1976
- Smith College, AB, graduated 1973
- Connecticut, Connecticut
- New York, New York
- Florida, Florida
- United States, US Tax Court
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel - Fellow
- Bridgeport Bar Association - Member
- Connecticut Bar Association - Member, Estates and Probate Section Executive Committee
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys - Member
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Tax Court
- Elder Law, Stamford (2024)
- Elder Law, Stamford (2022)
- Elder Law
- Tax Law
- Trusts and Estates
- A.O. Samuels Young Leadership Award, Jewish Federation of Bridgeport
- Best Lawyers in America® (2013-2019) Tax Law, Elder Law and Trusts and Estates
- Connecticut Super Lawyers "Top 25 Women" (2013-2015)
- Honored, Bridgeport Regional Business Council
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Peer Rating
- Named Woman of the Year, Women's Network of Greater Bridgeport, 1989
- Susan L. Davis Award, BRBC
- Women in the Law, Connecticut Law Tribune (2010)
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.