Gregory W. "Greg" Lyons
O'Neil, Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing S.C.
Recognized since 2014
Litigation - Insurance
Greg represents clients in the prosecution and defense of complex commercial litigation. His extensive experience in commercial litigation has prepared him to successfully represent large corporations as well as small businesses and individuals.
Greg also has extensive experience representing individuals in inheritance litigation. He has successfully litigated many will contests and trust disputes throughout Wisconsin. Greg has accomplished tremendous results on behalf of trustees, personal representatives, and power of attorneys in large complicated disputes.
Greg has appeared in state and federal courts in numerous jurisdictions including California, New York, Texas, Arizona, Oregon, Florida, Illinois, and Washington D.C. Greg is a member of the Wisconsin state and federal courts, Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. Greg also serves as the Chairperson of the firm’s Ethics Committee.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Lawyer Page: https://www.wilaw.com/attorney/gregory-w-lyons/
- 111 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1400
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Bar Foundation - Life Fellow
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association - Member
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin - Member
- Marquette University Law School - Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Milwaukee Bar Association - Member
- Milwaukee Justice Center - Pro Bono Volunteer
- Ozaukee Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Member
- University of Wisconsin - Former Protégé–Mentor Program
- University of Wisconsin–Whitewater - Former Dean’s Advisory Board
- Waukesha County Bar Associaton - Member
- Waukesha County Business Alliance - Member
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Various other state and federal courts across the U.S. on a pro hac vice basis
19 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
4 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Litigation - Insurance, Milwaukee (2022)
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Insurance
- Product Liability
- Fellow with the American Bar Foundation, membership in which is limited to one-third of one percent of the lawyers in America
- Named one of “Milwaukee’s Leading Lawyers,” of 2015 by M Magazine in Litigation. Only 2-5% of the top ranked attorneys published by Avvo for each category were recognized
- Selected as a Member of The Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, whose rosters “Consists of the leading legends of the legal profession” in 2015, 2016, and 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™–AV Preeminent, reflecting an attorney who has reached the height of professional excellence and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity
- For more than 10 years, Law & Politics and Milwaukee Magazine has selected Greg for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers, a distinction limited to the top 5% of Wisconsin attorneys.
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®–Commercial Litigation in 2014 and Commercial Litigation and Litigation–Insurance in 2015–2021
- Appellate Practice
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Litigation - Mergers and Acquisitions
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Mass Tort Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.