Recognized since 2007
Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
Mr. Bubalo has appeared in various types of trials. A few examples follow.
In Loomis v. St. Mary's Hospital, he was Lead Trial Attorney, resulting in one of the largest personal injury verdicts recorded in the State of Indiana. The Judgment for almost $17,000,000 was unanimously affirmed by the Indiana Court of Appeals in St. Mary’s Medical Center of Evansville, Inc. v. Loomis, 783 N.E.2d 274 (Ind. App. 2003).
Since 1999, Mr. Bubalo frequently has represented people injured by defective drugs and devices. Some cases include his appearance in October, 2008 as co-counsel in Stribling v. Wyeth, Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County, Docket No.: BER-L-2352-07 MT. Mr. Bubalo presented technical pharmacological evidence to the jury, which awarded Mrs. Stribling $3,000,000 for pain and suffering damages. Similarly, in early 2009, Mr. Bubalo was trial counsel in Kohler v. Wyeth, Superior Court of the State of California, County of Los Angeles, Central Civil West, Diet Drug Case No. DD 004290. The trial sought damages for a young lawyer who had taken Wyeth’s defective drugs, causing her to suffer from the progressive and eventually fatal disease, Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (“PPH”). The trial was broadcast streaming live on the web via www.courtroomview.com, between 3/4/09 to 4/22/09. Mr. Bubalo obtained a $4,000,000 compensatory judgment in Margaret Fraser, et al. v. Wyeth, Civil Action No. 3:04CV1373 (JBA). The jury found that Wyeth had "misrepresented the risks and benefits of Prempro," to Mrs. Fraser's physician and awarded damages as well.
- 9300 Shelbyville Road, Suite 215-A
Louisville, KY 40222
- 1344 South Broadway, Suite B
Lexington, KY 40504
- 7310 Turfway Road, Suite 550
Florence, KY 41042
- Ethnicity: White
- Illinois College, BA, graduated 1977
- Kentucky, Kentucky Bar Association
- Indiana, Indiana State Bar Association
- Kentucky Justice Association - Board of Governors
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs, Louisville (2022)
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs, Louisville (2020)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Certified Civil Trial Advocacy Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.