Recognized since 2013
Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
As chair of the firm’s Property Tax and Valuation Department, Gregory F. Servodidio’s practice focuses on property valuation in the context of property tax appeals and eminent domain proceedings.
He represents property owners and lessees throughout Connecticut seeking equitable assessments of their real and personal property by municipal assessing authorities. He represents clients in negotiations with municipal officials, revaluation companies and personal property audit firms, and in appearances before local boards of assessment appeals. He contests inequitable assessments and assists taxpayers with the filing of personal property declarations, income and expense statements and exemption applications. Greg also represents individuals and entities seeking just compensation for their property taken by eminent domain. He has litigated numerous property tax and eminent domain appeals before the Superior, Appellate and Supreme Courts of Connecticut and has represented clients before local zoning boards of appeals and planning and zoning commissions.
Greg is a member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation and has been published in its Property Tax Report, as well as the Commercial Record, the Journal of Property Tax Management, the New England Real Estate Journal and the Hartford Business Journal. He co-authored the Connecticut chapters of the American Bar Association’s Property Tax Deskbook and Fifty-State Survey: The Law of Eminent Domain and lectures frequently on property tax and eminent domain issues. He was appointed by the Connecticut Tax Court to co-chair an advisory committee on the implementation of Public Act 95-283, which provided for significant property tax reform, and has advised the Tax Court subsequently.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.pullcom.com/people-gregoryservodidio
- 90 State House Square
Hartford, CT 06103-3702
- Connecticut, Connecticut Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- Connecticut Association of Assessing Officers - Member
- Connecticut Bar Association - Member
- Connecticut Business and Industry Association's Tax Committee - Member
- Hartford County Bar Association - Member
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation - Member
- International Association of Assessing Officers - Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers - Member
- International Right of Way Association - Member
- Massachusetts Association of Assessing Officers - Member
- National Association of Realtors - Member
- Society of Professional Assessors - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
- Received the highest peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell (AV)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the areas of eminent domain and condemnation law since 2013
- The Counselors of Real Estate - named as member, 2012
- Appointed to Editorial Board of Real Estate Issues, peer-reviewed journal published by the Counselors of Real Estate
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.