Recognized since 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Litigation - Bankruptcy
Mr. Garman is a trial lawyer who sits at the intersection of the courtroom and deal making.
His practice is concentrated primarily in commercial and corporate restructurings and related complex litigation. He has been named "Lawyer of the Year" in three of the last 7 years (2018, 2015 and 2013) for both his restructuring and litigation work. He regularly represents companies, borrowers, debtors and organizations in matters involving hospitality, lending, high tech, gaming, airlines, commodities and real estate, among others.
Greg currently represents the parent company of the worlds largest producer of lead in its $2.5 billion dollar litigation and restructuring fight with its lenders that has spilled into federal, state and bankruptcy courts. Greg recently represented the United States Congress through its ranking member of the House Committee on Natural Resources in appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit related to Puerto Rico restructuring efforts. He recently finished a successful restructuring of one of the most prominent regional regional development company in the restructuring of more than $250,000,000 in long-term debt. He also represents more than $350,000,000 in statutory lien holders in the Fontainebleau bankruptcy cases pending before a Florida Bankruptcy Court, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals and the Nevada Supreme Court. Mr. Garman previously represented Black Gaming LLC in its successful pre-packaged bankruptcy that resulted in the reduction of its long-term debt from $225,000,000 to $67,000,000.
Prior to founding Garman Turner Gordon, Mr. Garman served as managing partner of a regional law firm, a position he held between 2008 and 2015.
- 7251 Amigo Street, Suite 210
Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Loyola Law School, graduated 1997
- Loyola Marymount University, BA, graduated 1994
- Nevada, State Bar of Nevada
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Member
- Clark County Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of Nevada - Member
- Turnaround Management Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, Las Vegas (2018)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Las Vegas (2015)
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, Las Vegas (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Chapter 12
- Creditors' Rights
- Debtors' Rights
- Real Estate
- Workouts and Restructurings
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®: Top 100, 2014
- Lawyer of the Year 2013 and 2015, Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/ Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Litigation-Bankruptcy, Las Vegas
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, 2008-2014
- Vegas INC: Top Lawyers, 2012
- Named "Bankruptcy Practitioner of the Year" by Turnaround Management Association of Nevada (2011)
- Nevada Business: Legal Elite, (2009, 2012-2014)
- Recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as a Mountain States Super Lawyer (2009-12)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.