Recognized since 2010
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Government Relations Practice
Health Care Law
Gregory D. Frost, a partner in the Baton Rouge office, practices exclusively in the area of healthcare. He concentrates his legal practice primarily on the representation of not-for-profit, for-profit and governmental hospitals, and has extensive experience assisting home health agencies, physicians and other types of healthcare providers. Mr. Frost is experienced in Medicaid supplemental reimbursement, complex commercial transactions involving the merger and acquisition of healthcare providers, provider contractual and operational issues, licensure, fraud and abuse, and other regulatory matters. He has wide experience dealing with HIPAA and health information issues, and was one of the first attorneys in the country to be Certified in Healthcare Privacy by the American Health Information Management Association.
Mr. Frost was vice president of Legal and Governmental Affairs of the Louisiana Hospital Association for over eight years. He has lectured at Louisiana State University, Tulane University, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Southern University, and the College of St. Francis. He regularly speaks before trade and professional organizations and legal audiences. Mr. Frost served on the adjunct faculty of the College of St. Francis and was the organizer of the HIPAA Privacy WorkGroups and the annual Louisiana HIPAA and EHR Conference. In addition to numerous articles on health law issues, he is the editor of Louisiana Health Information Law Manual, which is currently in its eleventh edition and used as a textbook at ULL.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bswllp.com/gregory-d-frost
- One American Place, Suite 2300
301 Main Street
P.O. Box 3197
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
- Louisiana State University Law Center, J.D., graduated 1981
- Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College, BA, graduated 1977
- Louisiana, Louisiana
- American Bar Association Healthcare Section - member
- American Health Information Management Association - member
- American Health Lawyers Association - member
- Baton Rouge Bar Association - member
- Health Care Compliance Association - member
- Healthcare Financial Management Association - member
- Louisiana Medical Group Management Association - member
- Louisiana Society of Hospital Attorneys - Charter Director and past President
- Louisiana State Bar Association - member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Health Care Law, Baton Rouge (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Health Care Law
- Government Relations Practice
- Ranked in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for Louisiana in the area of Healthcare in 2015
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2010
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated.
- Selected Lawyer of the Year, in Health Care Law in Baton Rouge by The Best Lawyers in America® 2017
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.