Recognized since 2020
Washington, District of Columbia
Gregg Skall is a veteran telecom lawyer who advises broadcasters and telecommunications companies in their FCC regulatory matters and their business dealings. Gregg has also represented real estate developers in the acquisition of competitive broadband and local exchange (CLEC) telecommunications services for new residential and commercial developments. He also works with telecommunications equipment manufacturers to obtain FCC approvals and to assure regulatory compliance. Gregg assists companies in need of appropriate spectrum support for emerging telecommunications products and has been recognized by the National Journal as a leading radio spectrum lobbyist in Washington. Gregg also has orchestrated scores of broadcast property transactions involving assets worth many millions of dollars. He has organized coalitions of broadcasters to obtain major policy changes before the FCC.
Gregg has served on the U.S. Department of State Advisory Committee on International Communications & Information Policy, and on the Pike and Fischer Communications Regulation Advisory Board from its formation until its merger with Bloomberg BNA. He is a past chair of the the Regulated Industries Committee of the Federal Bar Association and past co-chair of the Federal Communications Bar Association, Professional Responsibility Committee.
Gregg is a recognized writer and frequent speaker on topics of FCC administrative process, mass media and telecommunications regulation, and has taught Telecommunications Law and Policy at The George Washington University in Washington, D.C. He is communications counsel to the California and Missouri state broadcasters associations and writes columns for these and several other state broadcasting association newsletters . Gregg frequently lectures on the broadcasting regulations, including the political broadcasting campaign rules and has represented broadcaster associations before the Federal Election Commission. Gregg is a frequent author on broadcasting and the law. He has published in several broadcasting journals, in Radio & Television Business Report , and in AllAccess https://www.allaccess.com/fcc-uncensored, where his column “FCC Uncensored” is a regular feature and in Radio Guide.
Gregg has been listed for multiple years in the Washington Post editions of Legal Leaders of Washington, in Top Rated Lawyers of Washington DC and in Super Lawyers for Washington D.C. and has been rated by Martindale-Hubbel AV Preeminent, a peer rating for the highest level of professional excellence and ethical standards.
Gregg serves as pro bono legal counsel to the National Capital Lyme Disease Association, a non-profit devoted to serving and advocating for victims of tick-borne diseases. He delivered the keynote address at the launch of the he Tick-Borne Disease Working Group, established by Congress in 2016 as part of the 21st Century Cures Act.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.tlp.law/professionals/gregg-skall/
- 1025 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 1011
Washington, DC 20036
- Virginia, Virginia, Virginia State Bar
- District of Columbia, District of Columbia, the District of Columbia Bar
- Ohio, Ohio, Ohio State Bar (Inactive)
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Communications Law
- 2022 Best Lawyers – Communications Law
- 2004 Friend of Missouri Broadcasters Award, by the Missouri Broadcasters Association Listed in Marquis Who’s Who and Who’s Who in American Law
- 2003 Distinguished Service Award -- Inducted into the Pavek Museum of Broadcasting Hall of Fame Click Here: Hall of Fame
- 2003 Corporate Leadership Award from the Missouri Broadcasters Association
- Washington Post editions of Legal Leaders of Washington, in Top Rated Lawyers of Washington DC
- 2014 – 2019 Super Lawyers Honoree in Communications, Media and Advertising, Business/Corporate Washington D.C. Super Lawyers magazine (Thomson Reuters)
- 2020-2021 Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America, Communications Law
- 2021 Legal 500 Recommended Attorney – Telecoms and Broadcast: Regulatory
- 2021 Legal 500 Recommended Attorney – Telecoms and Broadcast: Transactional
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- 2022 Best Lawyers – Communications Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.