Recognized since 2006
New Orleans, Louisiana
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Greg Guidry is a Shareholder in the firm’s Lafayette, Louisiana office, a satellite location for the New Orleans office. He is licensed in Louisiana and Texas and has successfully represented management throughout the United States in all aspects of labor and employment law, including advice, training, prevention tactics and litigation for over 35 years. His practice includes traditional labor law (union issues), employment litigation, wrongful termination, wage and hour, and developing employment law issues.
Mr. Guidry also serves as a neutral mediator in employment law disputes. He is active in numerous business and professional associations, including the Society of Human Resource Management, and its local chapter ASHRM, is past Chair of the Louisiana State Bar Association Section of Labor and Employment Law, and serves as management representative on several committees of the American Bar Association’s Section on Labor and Employment Law and other national trade associations. He serves as chair of the Louisiana State Bar Association annual employment law seminar, and frequently lectures and writes on labor and employment law topics. He was elected as a Fellow of the College of Labor & Employment Lawyers, in recognition of his contributions to the field of labor & employment law, and he has served on the Credentials Committee for that group.
Mr. Guidry has contributed to several national books on labor and employment law matters. He is also President of the Management Labor & Employment Roundtable, a national association on labor and employment lawyers and other professionals representing management in labor and employment law matters.
Contact & Links
- 701 Poydras Street, Suite 3500
New Orleans, LA 70139
- Louisiana State University Law Center, JD, graduated 1976
- Louisiana State University, BA, graduated 1973
- State Bar of Texas
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- Louisiana Bar Association - Member
- Texas Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Labor Law - Management, New Orleans (2022)
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, New Orleans (2021)
- Employment Law - Management, New Orleans (2019)
- Employment Law - Management, New Orleans (2016)
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, New Orleans (2016)
- Employment Law - Management, Baton Rouge (2015)
- Labor Law - Management, Baton Rouge (2014)
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, Baton Rouge (2013)
- Employment Law - Management, Baton Rouge (2012)
- Labor Law - Management, Baton Rouge (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Who's Who Legal: Management Labour & Employment (2015)
- Louisiana Super Lawyer in labor and employment law
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers (2000)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated for many years
- LSU Law Center Hall of Fame
- Order of the Coif
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.