- Admitted to the Bar, 1978, Manitoba
- University of Manitoba (B.A., 1972; LL.B., 1977)
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel in 1998
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers
- Canadian Association of University Solicitors
- Athletics Manitoba, Manitoba Track & Field Association, Board Member and President (2012-present)
- Crohn’s and Colitis Canada, Manitoba/Saskatchewan/Nunavut, Board Member (2014-present)
- Human Resource Management Association of Manitoba, Board Member and Chair of Government Relations Committee (2005-2008).
- Law Society of Manitoba, Bencher (1992-1994; 2004-2010); Vice-President (2007-2008), President (2008-2009).
- Manitoba Bar Council, Life Member.
- Rady Jewish Community Centre, Honorary Solicitor.
- United Way of Winnipeg, Honorary Solicitor (1990-1993).
- Society for Manitobans with Disabilities, Inc., Honorary Solicitor.
- Canadian Association of University Solicitors, President (2002-2003).
- Manitoba League of Persons with Disabilities, Provincial Council (2002-2005).
- Manitoba Bar Association, Chair, Labour Law Sub-Section (1983-1984).
- Federation of Law Societies of Canada Task Force on the Approved Law Degree, Manitoba representative (2007-2010).
- University of Manitoba Faculty of Law, Labour Management Relations (1983-2005), Advocacy (1995-2005).
- Law Society of Manitoba, Continuing Legal Education (various sessions, 1983-present).
- Presenter of over 300 education programs in labour law in eight provinces across Canada (1988-present).
- Co-chair of Pitblado Lectures (2007)
- “Private Sector Statutory Interest Arbitration: The Manitoba Experience in the Canadian Context-Imposed First Contracts and Final Offer Selection” Canadian Journal of Administrative Law & Practice, v. 5 (287), 1992.
Selected as a leading labour and employment practitioner in Lexpert and Best Lawyers in Canada. Winner of the MBA Pro Bono Award, 2005. Winner of the John Hackett Memorial Award, 2009.
Employment Law Alliance
Grant Mitchell is the principal contact at our firm for all Employment Law Alliance matters. Employment Law Alliance is a network of over 3,000 attorneys providing employment and labor expertise in more than 100 countries and all 50 U.S. states. We work closely together to ensure that our clients’ legal matters are handled seamlessly wherever they do business. We provide a smarter, more efficient and effective alternative to using a single multi-state or multi-national law firm.