Recognized since 1995
Los Angeles, California
Banking and Finance Law
Financial Services Regulation Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Gordon Bava is a senior partner of the firm after serving for a decade as its Chief Executive and Managing Partner. Gordon’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, special committee representation, private and underwritten securities offerings and general corporate representation of clients in a variety of industries.
Gordon has conducted these services for public entertainment, utility and healthcare companies, local, regional and multinational financial institutions and holding companies, investment banks, and institutional and individual investors.
Gordon previously served as the Executive-in-Residence at Rustic Canyon Ventures, Santa Monica, California, one of the largest venture capital funds in Southern California focusing on Internet businesses, business services and other technology-oriented, high-growth industries.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.manatt.com/GordonBava.aspx
- 2049 Century Park East, Suite 1700
Los Angeles, CA 90067
- California, State Bar of California
- American Bar Association - Member
- Attorneys Insurance Mutual Risk Retention Group - Member, Board of Directors (until June 2005)
- Board of Directors, Fraternity of Friends of the Los Angeles Music Center - Member
- Board of Directors, KCET - Member, and Chairman (2008-2010)
- Board of Directors, Public Counsel - Chairman (1998) and Member
- Board of Trustees of the Association of Public Television Stations - Member, 2007-2010
- Los Angeles County Bar Association - Member
- Pacific Council on International Policy - Member
- State Bar of California Association, Financial Institutions Committee, Business Section - Member
- United Way of Greater Los Angeles - 2002 Chair, Legal Services Division
- United Way of Greater Los Angeles - Member, Board of Directors (until June 2012)
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Financial Services Regulation Law, Los Angeles (2019)
- Financial Services Regulation Law, Los Angeles (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Financial Services Regulation Law
- Banking and Finance Law
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- “Southern California Super Lawyers,” Los Angeles Magazine, 2004-2015
- Who’s Who in L.A. Law: Top 40 M&A Lawyers, Los Angeles Business Journal
- Who’s Who in Law, Los Angeles Business Journal, listed among the first published 100 most prominent business attorneys practicing in Los Angeles County
- Named among the Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers in America
- Executive of the Year, Los Angeles Business Journal
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.