Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Litigation Group. His practice is primarily focused on the areas of litigation, national and international arbitration, corporate law, securities, and business law.
Activities and Memberships
- Member of the International Court of Arbitration, Paris (2018-2021).
- Professor of Civil Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 1997).
- Foreign Associate, Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton, New York (1998-1999).
- Member of the panel of the Arbitration Center of the Santiago Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the panel for dispute resolution at Mercosur (appointed by the Government of Chile).
- Representative of the firm in the Probono Foundation.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of the Global Litigation Guide 2019, Chambers and Partners.
- Author of the article "The arbitration agreement in Chilean law: its nature, requirements and effects", published in Arbitration Treaty, The Arbitration Agreement, Grupo Editorial Ibañez: Pontificia Universidad Javeriana de Colombia and the Peruvian Institute of Arbitration.
- Author of the chapter "International Commercial Arbitration in Chile: legal framework and jurisprudence", published in International Commercial Arbitration in Latin America: Legal framework and jurisprudence, Wolters Kluwer group, Madrid, 1st edition (2009).
- Op-ed writer of El Mercurio Legal, Contracts and Torts series (permanent).
- Lecturer in the 8th Americas Workshop organized by the Institute for Transnational Arbitration (ITA), Santiago (2012).
- Speaker in the seminar “New ICC 2012 Arbitration Rules”, organized by the International Arbitration Court of the ICC (2012).
- Lecturer at the Workshop on International Commercial Arbitration organized by the School of International Arbitration, Queen Mary University of London and the Arbitration Center of the Santiago Chamber of Commerce (2011).