Recognized since 2013
Glenn A. Adams practices in the areas of corporate and tax law. He advises clients on a variety of business entity issues during the life cycle of the business — beginning prior to formation, continuing as the business grows and succeeds, and forward until the business, or a unit of the business, is liquidated upon sale or other circumstances. Mr. Adams has substantial experience with the formation of corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships (including general partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships and limited liability limited partnerships) and other joint venture arrangements. His representation includes drafting complex agreements, such as limited liability company operating agreements, partnership agreements, joint venture agreements, corporate shareholders' agreements, and other arrangements between equity owners (e.g., buy-sell arrangements).
Mr. Adams often counsels clients on issues related to their corporate structure, including inter-company mergers, consolidations, capital contributions and other transfers and liquidations or dissolutions. He assists in the formation of holding companies and the creation of subsidiary entities to meet each client's tax and non-tax needs. Mr. Adams has significant experience advising large multijurisdictional clients with respect to streamlining their organizational structure for both tax and administrative reasons. This experience includes coordinating consolidation projects for clients with business units in numerous locations and with entities formed across the nation.
Additionally, Mr. Adams represents not-for-profit entities with respect to various tax and corporate matters, including formation of the entity and assistance in obtaining tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service.
Mr. Adams has served as in-house counsel for an investment banking firm based in metro-Atlanta which primarily arranged private placements of convertible securities with institutional investors for small to mid-capitalization publicly traded companies. He began his career serving on the tax staff of a large national accounting firm in its Atlanta office.
Contact & Links
- 200 South Orange Avenue, Suite 2600
Orlando, FL 32801
- University of South Florida, BA
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association - Member
- Children's Home Society of Florida, former Chairman - Board of Directors
- Lake Highland Preparatory School - Board of Visitors
- Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association, President - President, Board of Trustees
- Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission - Board of Directors
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Corporate Law, Orlando (2021)
- Corporate Law, Orlando (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Tax Law
- Outstanding Board Member, Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association, 2010, 2011
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2012, 2013
Other Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Tax Court
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.