Glen A. Stankee
Recognized since 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Litigation and Controversy - Tax
Glen Stankee litigates high-stakes tax cases in federal and state trial and appellate courts. He has litigated highly technical international and domestic income and estate tax issues in federal district courts from Florida to California, as well as in the United States Tax Court and the United States Court of Federal Claims. He has successfully challenged the constitutionality of various state tax schemes, as applied in the particular circumstances, in federal district and appellate courts. He is well known for enforcing the constitutional limitations on states’ rights to tax activities and transactions on Indian reservations.
In addition, Glen devotes a substantial part of his practice to domestic and international income and estate tax planning. He represents U.S. businesses doing business abroad, as well as foreign businesses doing business in the U.S. He represents foreign persons immigrating to the United States or investing in United States real property. He provides estate and business tax planning advice to high net worth individuals, as well as trustees and beneficiaries of foreign and domestic trusts, with business interests in multiple jurisdictions. He designs cross-border transactions and entity structures for the acquisition, operation, and sale of businesses in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, financial services, real estate development, technology and software development and licensing, gaming, insurance, shipping, yacht and aircraft chartering and brokerage, hospitality and entertainment. He is internationally known for providing tax consultation to vessel owners in connection with their international chartering operations.
Glen is a Florida Bar Board Certified Tax Lawyer (1986 - present) and a Florida Certified Public Accountant (inactive) (1984 - present).
- Lawyer Page: https://www.akerman.com/en/people/glen-stankee.html
- 201 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 1800
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Michigan State University, MBA, graduated 1977
- Florida, Florida State Bar
- Michigan, Michigan State Bar
- American Bar Association - Tax Section
- Federal Bar Association - Tax Section
- Florida Bar Association - Tax Section
- Florida Bar Tax Certification Committee - Vice Chair, 2015-2016
- Michigan Bar Association - Tax Section
210 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
77 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Tax Law
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite 2015, 2016, Listed for Tax Law
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2006-2008, 2012-2016, Listed in Florida for Tax, and Business/Corporate
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.