Recognized since 2016
Gilda R. Turitz is a full-time commercial arbitrator and mediator of complex commercial disputes, and previously a business trial lawyer with over 30 years' experience, based in San Francisco, California. Before establishing Turitz Dispute Resolution in September 2017, Ms. Turitz was a partner in, and the ADR and litigation practice group leader of, Sideman & Bancroft LLP, a woman-owned law firm. Prior to that, Ms. Turitz was the litigation practice group leader in the San Francisco office of the international law firm of Graham & James LLP.
Ms. Turitz has a regional and state-wide practice and is available to hear cases nationwide. Cases arbitrated and mediated run the gamut from the most complex commercial multi-contract and multi-party disputes to two party breach of contract claims, business tort, fraud, unfair business practices, securities, franchise, intellectual property and trusts and estates cases. In her practice, Ms. Turitz handles many "business divorces" that involve intra-corporate, partnership and LLC disputes as well as family-owned businesses; professional liability, including attorney and accountant malpractice; and employment matters involving trade secrets and non-competition and non-solicitation issues.
Ms. Turitz serves on the National Commercial Arbitration, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Mediation Panels of the American Arbitration Association; CPR's Panel of Distinguished Neutrals (California ADR and Banking, Accounting, and Financial Services Panels); Panel of Consumer Arbitration Program for Motor Vehicles (CAP-Motors); Panel of Trademark Mediators of the International Trademark Association (INTA); and mediation and early neutral evaluation panels for the U.S. District Court (N.D. Cal.) and Bay Area state courts. In SEC v. Prudential Securities (1994-1996), Ms. Turitz was appointed arbitrator in more than 300 arbitrations involving investor suitability and misrepresentation claims.
Ms. Turitz has been active in and held leadership roles in various American Bar Association sections, including currently serving as Co-Chair of the Women in Dispute Resolution (WIDR) Committee of the Section of Dispute Resolution. In the Litigation Section, she has held leadership positions in the ADR and Woman Advocate Committees. In the Law Practice Management Section, she served as Co-Chair of the Women Rainmakers group and was awarded that Section's Golden Hammer Award for her efforts in shattering the glass ceiling.
- 336 Bon Air Center, Suite 522
Greenbrae, CA 94904
- Gender: Female
- University of California Davis, J.D., Order of the Coif, Law Review, graduated 1980
- University of California Berkeley, M.L.S., graduated 1972
- University of Michigan, B.A. with distinction, graduated 1970
- California, 1980
- College of Commercial Arbitrators - Fellow
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals - Member
- CEDR - Certified Mediator
- American Bar Association - Co-Chair, Women in Dispute Resolution Committee (Section of Dispute Resolution)
- United States District Court (N.D. Cal.)
- United States District Court (C.D. Cal.)
- United States District Court (S.D. Cal.)
- United States District Court (E.D. Cal.)
- United States District Court (Colo.)
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court
- Arbitration, San Francisco (2023)
- Arbitration, San Francisco (2019)
- Complex Litigation
- Personal Injury
Golden Hammer Award of American Bar Association, Law Practice Management Section, for efforts in shattering the glass ceiling
Order of the Coif
Wall Street Journal Student Achievement Award
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Litigation - Securities
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.