George J. Nassar, Jr., concentrates his practice in the areas of estate planning, probate, tax planning and business transactions. He currently serves as Chair of the firm's Business, Tax and Estate Planning Practice Group.
Mr. Nassar has over 30 years of experience in the practice of law. His areas of expertise include estate planning and formulation of sophisticated tax planning and wealth transfer techniques for clients with significant domestic and international holdings. He counsels clients with respect to mergers and acquisitions and regularly structures and negotiates complex business transactions. In addition, Mr. Nassar represents business clients in disputes with the Internal Revenue Service and various state revenue agencies.
He also serves as a Special Judge in the Probate Court of Shelby County, Tennessee.
- University of Mississippi, B.B.A. degree in accounting, 1977
- University of Mississippi, J.D. degree, 1980 (Member and Past President of Phi Alpha Delta legal fraternity)
- Washington University, LL.M., with honors, in taxation, 1981
Admitted to Practice
- Tennessee, Federal Courts and State Courts
- Mississippi, Federal Courts and State Courts
- United States Tax Court
- United States Supreme Court
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, Litigation- Trusts & Estates, Mergers & Acquisitions, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates, Litigation & Controversy- Tax
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Memphis "Best Lawyers" Tax Lawyer of the Year 2011
- Memphis "Best Lawyers" Trusts & Estates Lawyer of the Year 2013
- Five Star Professional, Wealth Managers
- MidSouth SuperLawyers, Estate Planning & Probate, Tax, Business/Corporate
- University of Mississippi Law Alumni Board of Directors, President
- St. Peter's Catholic Church, Past Chairman, Finance Committee
- University Club, Past President & Member of the Board of Directors.
- Memphis Estate Planning Council, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association (Past Chairman, Tax Section; Probate Section)
- Mississippi Bar Association, Member
- Memphis Bar Association, Member
Mr. Nassar frequently lectures on tax, business and estate planning topics for local and national organizations and bar associations.