George is a taxation and transaction advisory specialist.
George acts for a range of clients in relation to their obligations under federal, state and international taxation systems, corporations law and regulatory matters in various sectors including government, funds management, financial services, energy & resources, agriculture, property development and not for profit.
George advises private, public, government and not for profit clients on taxation matters, structuring, mergers and acquisitions, pre and post-acquisition restructures, the establishment of ESOPs and other employee equity arrangements as well as equity and property fund establishments and inbound & outbound investment structures.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising large private groups and ASX listed companies on business structuring and mergers and acquisitions.
- Acting for clients against the ATO and state/territory revenue offices in taxation litigation matters and advising clients on audit management.
- Advising investors and managers of listed and unlisted private equity and property funds in relation to structuring and undertaking domestic and foreign developments.
- Advising property developers on income tax, GST and state taxes in relation to structuring and undertaking domestic and foreign developments.
- Advising private and listed multinationals on structuring inbound and outbound business establishments and acquisitions.
- Advising private and listed miners and explorers on tax and duty issues arising from acquisitions, farm-in and divestment activities.
- Advising Australian discretionary mutual funds on domestic and international taxation and regulatory issues.