Recognized since 2009
George Baldwin is a partner in Peckar & Abramson’s Austin office. Mr. Baldwin focuses his practice on the resolution of commercial disputes through litigation, mediation, and arbitration. He is consistently called upon by top decision makers for his depth of knowledge and ability to resolve complicated construction-related problems in a cost-effective and business-oriented manner. He has extensive experience in cases involving scheduling problems, acceleration, delays, defective construction, and defective and ambiguous plans and specifications. Mr. Baldwin also serves as an arbitrator and mediator for the Washington, D.C. and Dallas, Texas offices of the American Arbitration Association and for private parties.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Baldwin has handled an impressive range of complex, high-profile projects. He has successfully represented both public and private sector clients, including a U.S. city in a complex litigation involving the construction of a civic center, as well as a general contractor in a substantial multi-party litigation against a regional public transit company.
Mr. Baldwin has served on the Texas Building Branch Legislative Committee and is the former Chair of the Construction Law Section of the State Bar of Texas. He is the co-author of the Builders and Contractor's Handbook of Construction Claims, published by Prentice Hall, and editor of The Basics Book soon to be published by the Texas Institute of Continuing Legal Education in conjunction with the Construction Law Section of the State Bar of Texas. Mr. Baldwin frequently lectures on a variety of construction-related topics, both in the U.S. and abroad.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.pecklaw.com/attorney/george-c-baldwin/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 111 Congress Avenue, Suite 1010
Austin, TX 78701
- Trinity College, B.A.
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- District of Columbia, District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia, State Bar of Virginia
- State Bar of Texa (Construction Law Section) - Member
- State Bar of Virginia (Construction Law Section) - Member
- The College of the State Bar of Texas - Member
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth District of Columbia Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh District of Columbia Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Construction Law, Austin (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Construction Law
- • Chambers USA, Construction Law, Texas, 2020-2022 • Best Lawyers, 2009-2022 • Best Lawyers, “Lawyer of the Year” in Construction Law – Austin region, 2014• Who’s Who Legal: Construction, 2021-2022• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.