Recognized since 2019
Vancouver, British Columbia
Labour and Employment Law
Workers' Compensation Law
Gavin is a partner at Roper Greyell where he practises labour, employment and workplace human rights law with an emphasis on building lasting client relationships. He regularly advises on matters of occupational health and safety, labour relations and crisis management.
Gavin takes pride in providing clients with a focused, strategic and business-oriented approach to workplace law. A team player, he supports his clients by tailoring his advice and solutions. Understanding a client’s needs is always Gavin’s first step. From there, he develops a menu of options on a continuum of risk for his clients.
Friendly and approachable, Gavin’s advice is based on a deep understanding of risk management and his clients’ business needs. Rather than taking the generic route towards workplace dispute resolution and crisis management, Gavin ensures that solutions address the specific results that clients want. His professional relationships with clients and colleagues always come with a sense of humour.
Gavin regularly advises and represents clients in employment litigation, injunctive relief, collective bargaining and strategic advice. He is highly sought after for wrongful dismissal and other workplace legal disputes, including enforcement of restrictive covenants and post-employment obligations, workplace human rights, and administrative law and labour relations issues such as contract negotiation. Gavin has effectively represented clients in every level of court in British Columbia and all British Columbia workplace administrative tribunals, as well as the federal Human Right’s Tribunal and Canada Labour Relations Board. Gavin is a frequent and sought-after speaker, offering continuing legal education and professional development seminars for a variety of professions.
Gavin spends his time away from work cycling, mountain biking and skiing with (and usually far behind) his two boys, Sam and Oliver. He loves the mountains and spends as much time as he can on them.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Lawyer Page: https://ropergreyell.com/our-people/gavin-marshall/
- 745 Thurlow Street, Suite 1850
Vancouver, BC V6E 0C5
- British Columbia, 1998
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE) - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Canadian Pension and Benefits Institute - Member
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR) - Member
- Victoria Chamber of Commerce - Member
- Labour and Employment Law
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Carswell, Canada’s Top Employment Lawyers, 2006
- Who’s Who Legal, 2016-2018 – Labour, Employment and Benefits
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016-2022
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.