Gary advises clients regarding obtaining, enforcing and licensing trade-marks and copyright in Canada. His practice involves adversarial and advocacy-based proceedings before the Trade-marks Opposition Board and the Ontario and Federal Courts. He also counsels clients on trade-mark and copyright issues involved in corporate transactions and financings.
Gary represents clients both within and outside Canada, including a major professional sports league, a motor sports organization, a pharmaceutical company, retailers and consumer product companies, and interests in the jewellery and wines and spirits industries.
From 2007 to 2009, Gary was Practice Group Leader of the Intellectual Property Group.
Gary is fluent in both English and French.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Gary is recognized as a leading Canadian lawyer in the field of intellectual property law by the following publications:
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 (Intellectual Property)
- Chambers Canada: Canada's Leading Lawyers for Business 2016
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business 2016
- Who's Who Legal 2016 - Compendium Edition
- Who's Who Legal: Trademarks 2015
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 (Intellectual Property)
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2014 (Trademarks)
- World Trademark Review 1000: The Definitive Guide to Trademark Legal Services 2013