Recognized since 2003
Raleigh, North Carolina
Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
Gary Parsons is a litigator's litigator: he tries cases. He has participated in more than 80 trials, over 125 appeals, and has represented clients in courtrooms in at least 70 of North Carolina's 100 counties.
Gary began his career as a law clerk for Associate Justice J. William Copeland of the North Carolina Supreme Court. Since that time, he has participated in over 125 appeals. He has argued before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, the North Carolina Supreme Court, and the North Carolina Court of Appeals. He has also represented clients before the United States Supreme Court.
Gary’s appellate practice has included cases involving financial regulation, lawyer professional liability, professional licensing, insurance regulation, municipal liability and civil rights actions. He has frequently been retained to assist other lawyers and firms in appellate matters and to advise on appellate procedure. Gary served on the Appellate Rules Committee of the North Carolina Bar Association for fourteen years.
When Gary was voted the Top Litigation Attorney in North Carolina in a 2005 poll of North Carolina lawyers conducted by Business North Carolina Magazine, the then-President of the North Carolina Bar Association told the publication “If I were in trouble, he is the lawyer I would call for help.”
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 919-573-6241
- Lawyer Page: https://www.brookspierce.com/our-people/attorneys/gary-s-parsons
- Wells Fargo Capitol Center, Suite 1700
150 Fayetteville Street
P.O. Box 1800
Raleigh, NC 27602
- North Carolina State University, B.S., graduated 1974
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., graduated 1977
- North Carolina, North Carolina
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys - President 2003-04; Board of Directors, 1998-2001
- North Carolina Bar Association - Appellate Rules Committee, 1982-1995; Professionalism Committee, 2004-06
- Wake County Bar Association - Board of Directors, 1989-90
- Defense Research Institute - Member, 1985-present
- American Bar Association - Member 1977-present
- U.S. District Court, E.D.N.C.
- U.S. District Court, M.D.N.C.
- U.S. District Court, W.D.N.C.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- North Carolina - Supreme Court
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Catastrophic Injury
- Complex Litigation
- Large Case Litigation
- Lawyer Ethics
- Product Liability
- Public Liability
- Wrongful Death
Listed in North Carolina Super Lawyers for Business Litigation (2006-2023); Top 100 lawyers in North Carolina (2006-2019, 2023 editions), Top 25 Lawyers in Raleigh (2014-2015, 2018-2019)
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 2009-present
- Litigation Counsel of America: Fellow (2010-present)
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Chosen as the 2021 recipient of the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for Litigation: General Commercial (North Carolina) (2011-2023)
- Recognized as a "Local Litigation Star" by Benchmark Litigation in Insurance, Product Liability and Recall, Securities, and Environmental (2015-2023); Business Litigation (2015-2017)
- Recognized in the "Legal Elite" Hall of Fame by Business North Carolina magazine for Litigation
- Legal Malpractice Law
- Personal Injury Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.