Gary L. Brown
Recognized since 2021
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Litigation - Construction
Gary Brown is a Partner in Kelley Kronenberg's Fort Lauderdale office and is the Head of the firm’s Construction Practice Group. Gary focuses his practice on complex commercial and general business litigation. He is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Construction Law.
Overseeing the firm’s construction practice, Gary assists businesses in both complex and routine matters with substantial experience in construction-related issues. He has tremendous experience handling construction matters in state and federal, trial and appellate courts, throughout Florida. He has conducted numerous trials and arbitrations to a successful conclusion for his clients. Gary is well versed in handling matters related to contract drafting and negotiation, dispute resolution, Florida’s construction lien law, payment and performance bond claims, construction and design defect claims, delay, inefficiency, and acceleration claims, and insurance/coverage disputes.
Gary also represents municipalities and local governments in all aspects of public works projects including procurement documents, bid protests, and construction and design agreements.
In 2015, Gary published the first edition of a book with the Daily Business Review (an ALM Media company) titled Florida Construction Defect Litigation. Now in its fourth year, the book addresses the legal framework surrounding construction defect claims including typical claims and defenses, contractual considerations, standards of care for contractors and design professionals, the applicability of insurance and surety bonds, the role of experts, arbitration of claims, the keys to successful mediation of construction disputes, and finally, the proper measure of damages in defect cases. In addition, Gary is an adjunct professor at Nova Southeastern University’s Shepard Broad College of Law where he teaches a course on Construction Law.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 800-484-4381
- Phone Number: 800-484-4381
- Lawyer Page: https://www.kelleykronenberg.com/attorney-profiles/gary-l-brown/
- 10360 West State Road 84
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33324
- Nova Southeastern University, J.D., graduated 1995
- Nova Southeastern University, B.A., graduated 1991
- Florida, 1995
- Broward County Bar Association - Member
- Florida Design & Construction Professionals - Member
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
5 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
19 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Fort Lauderdale Illustrated, “Top Lawyer”, Construction Law, 2020 – 2021
- Chambers & Partners USA, “Construction,” 2021 - 2022
- South Florida Legal Guide, “Top Lawyers”, 2012 – 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Construction Law, Litigation – Construction, 2021
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Florida “Super Lawyers”, Construction, 2010 – 2019
- South Florida Legal Guide, “Top Up & Comer”, 2011
- Litigation - Insurance
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.