Recognized since 2005
Kansas City, Missouri
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
Mr. Robb has obtained numerous record-breaking results on behalf of past clients, including the two highest jury verdicts in U.S. history for helicopter crash wrongful death, $350 million and $70 million, and the largest pre-trial settlement for an injury in a helicopter crash, $100 million which is also the largest pretrial settlement in U.S. history for a single plaintiff in a personal injury case.
Mr. Robb is past President of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys (MATA). Mr. Robb has been selected by his peers as one of “The Best Lawyers In America,” which has come to be regarded by both the legal profession and the public as the definitive guide to legal excellence in the United States. He has been a Board-Certified Civil Trial Lawyer since 1994.
He has served as Co-Chair of the Aviation Litigation Committee of the American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Litigation, and is Past Chair of the Aviation Section of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) (formerly ATLA). He has also served as Chair of AAJ’s Product Liability Section and of the Trial Evidence Committee of the ABA’s Section of Litigation. Mr. Robb serves on the AAJ Board of Governors.
In 2010, Mr. Robb authored the book, Helicopter Crash Litigation, published by Lawyers & Judges Publishing Company. The Second Edition of this acclaimed book was published in 2015. In 2009, Forbes Magazine referred to Mr. Robb as “by far the most successful helicopter crash trial lawyer in the country.”
Mr. Robb has authored numerous articles on trial technique, products liability, and aviation matters published in Trial Magazine Journal of Products Liability, National Law Journal, Journal of The Missouri Bar, Northwestern University Law Review, and has been General Editor of the Missouri Products Liability Handbook since 1984. His writings have been cited by a number of courts and legal scholars throughout the United States.
Mr. Robb has received numerous honors and awards. Most recently in 2014 Mr. Robb received the “Influential Appellate Advocate” award in the state of Missouri for his work on the successful appeal of a $52.5 million plane crash case. In 2014 Mr. Robb was also the recipient of the Thomas G. Strong Trial Attorney Award for the Missouri attorney “who most exemplifies the qualities of Professionalism, Ethics, Character, and Courtroom Success.”
Gary C. Robb is a Cum Laude graduate of The University of Michigan School of Law and has a Masters Degree in Economics. In addition to his many trial successes, Mr. Robb is extremely active in professional legal organizations and is a sought-after speaker and prolific author.
Mr. Robb is one of only a handful of Plaintiffs’ trial lawyers nationwide to have obtained at least five (5) jury verdicts and five (5) settlements in personal injury or wrongful death cases in excess of $20 million.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.robbrobb.com/gary-c-robb
- One Kansas City Place, Suite 3900
1200 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, J.D., Cum Laude, graduated 1981
- University of Missouri - Kansas City, M.A., Economics, graduated 1978
- University of Missouri - Kansas City, B.A., With Distinction, graduated 1977
- Missouri, 1982
- Illinois, 1981
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) - Sustaining Member, Board of Governors, Sections on: Products Liability, Chair, 1997; Aviation, Chair; 2007; State Delegate
- American Bar Association (ABA) - Member, Section of Litigation; Member: Products, Liability and Consumer Law Committee, Tort and Insurance Practice, 1981—; Trial Evidence Committee, 1981; Co-Vice-Chairman, 1988; Co-Chairman, 1991-1995, CLE Committee, Co-Chair 1995-1996; Co-Chair, Aviatio
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys (MATA) - President, 2004; Vice-President, 2003; and Member: Executive Committee, 1999—; Board of Governors, 1993—); Tom Strong Trial Attorney Award (2014) (best exemplifying professionalism, ethics, character, and courtroom success)
- National Board of Trial Advocacy - Board-Certified Civil Trial Attorney (since 1994)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Aviation Law
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Aviation Litigation
- Product Liability
- Tom Strong Trial Attorney Award (2014) (best exemplifying professionalism, ethics, character, and courtroom success).
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.