Gabrielle Vidal is co-chair of Loeb & Loeb’s Trust and Estate Litigation Practice. She concentrates on high-net-worth trust, probate, conservatorship, and guardianship litigation, and is known for her success at trial in high profile private wealth disputes. Most recently, she served as lead trial counsel to Sumner Redstone, controlling shareholder of Viacom Inc. and CBS Corp., securing complete dismissal of the matter after the first day of trial.
Cited by The Wall Street Journal as “an expert who litigates disputes over wills and high-net-worth trusts,” Ms. Vidal’s practice includes disputes regarding the obligations of fiduciaries; interpretation of testamentary instruments; and trust and probate issues arising in the context of family law proceedings.
Ms. Vidal represents private and corporate fiduciaries, settlors, and individual and charitable beneficiaries. In both her pre-litigation advice work and litigated matters, she teams with Loeb & Loeb’s nationally recognized estate planning and tax controversy practitioners.
Ms. Vidal was appointed to the Judicial Council of California’s Probate and Mental Health Advisory Committee. She is a past member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association Trust and Estate Executive Committee. The Best Lawyers in America has recognized her as one of the nation’s leading lawyers in trusts and estates law.
Ms. Vidal is also a frequent lecturer on trial advocacy skills, evidence, and discovery in trust and probate proceedings. Her speaking engagements have included:
- “Are You There Client? It’s Me, Your Lawyer: Representing Clients With Diminished Capacity,” Beverly Hills Estate Planning Council; Los Angeles Estate Planning Council and Jewish Foundation Los Angeles
- “Evolving Issues in Trust and Estate Litigation: Practice Tips from the Front Line,” Southern California Tax & Estate Planning Forum
- “Don't Learn the Hard Way: Practice Tips from the Front Lines of Trust and Estate Litigation,” San Fernando Valley Estate Planning Council and Beverly Hills Bar Association Trust & Estate Section
- “Making Your Case: Trial Advocacy in Probate Court,” Speaker with the Hon. Reva G. Goetz and Professor Laurie Levenson, Los Angeles County Bar Association Trust and Estate Section
- “Evidence and Trial Skills for Trusts and Estates Attorneys,” Los Angeles County Bar Association Trust and Estate Section
- “Intelligent Planning for Intellectual Property,” 47th Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning
- "Discovery Best Practices," University of Southern California Gould School of Law, Trust and Estate Conference
Ms. Vidal graduated magna cum laude from Brown University with an honors degree in Political Science. She received her J.D. from Stanford University.