Following his graduation from Harvard Law School in 1986 and Harvard University in 1983, Fredric Bellamy began practicing law, accruing 25 years of experience in civil litigation and alternative dispute resolution, focusing on complex "bet-the-company" high-stakes cases relating to many of the most difficult issues facing businesses in the West. His experience includes litigation on behalf of major financial institutions and banks, including lender liability, financial, securities fraud and racketeering matters, international mining companies, major retailers and manufacturers, and technology companies.
Experience with financial institutions includes:
- Representing one of the country's largest banks in fraud litigation in Tucson involving the financing of nuclear power plants in the West, in a case that involved over $2.2 billion in alleged damages—a case that settled on favorable terms after the first month of a jury trial.
- Representing local banks in defending against highly charged lender liability suits, resulting in favorable rulings after the filing of summary judgment motions.
a major savingsand loan in financial fraud litigation involving the financing of a master-planned community in Arizona, defending against a large Japanese real estate company—a case that settled on highly favorable terms after Fredric filed a comprehensive motion for summary judgment following dozens of depositions and extensive document discovery.
Fredric's substantial experience in all phases of complex litigation has frequently led to his representation of clients in cases involving highly technical issues, including issues relating to finance,
- Representing the country's largest copper mining company in toxic tort and environmental litigation in a complex, multiple-party series of cases that lasted nearly two decades, including two interlocutory appeals and defense against a class action, with a settlement achieved as the case was being prepared for trial.
- Representing a major jet plane manufacturer in environmental litigation focusing mostly on complex issues relating to corporate successorship, achieving a highly favorable settlement after filing a successful motion for summary judgment following years of discovery.
- Representing one of Arizona's largest cities in a complex case involving issues relating to the construction and maintenance of a landfill, resulting in a highly favorable settlement before trial, following the filing of several dispositive motions.
Fredric's experience includes class actions, multi-district (MDL) litigation, and other complex cases, and he has extensive experience with e-discovery and document discovery issues that are critical in complex and especially high-stakes litigation.